Natural Fancy Color Blue Diamonds
- The principal mine producing Blue Diamonds, the Premier mine (formerly known as the Cullinan Mine), is past its peak production capacity. This has caused a significant decrease in the supply of Blue Diamonds, and a corresponding rise in demand.
- Fancy Vivid and Fancy Deep Blue Diamonds are so rare they now regularly command seven figures per carat at auction, breaking records year after year.
- In 2012, a 10.48-carat flawless Fancy Deep Blue Briolette Diamond sold at Sotheby’s Geneva for $10.86 million, or $1.03 million per carat, a new world record total price for a Fancy Deep Blue Diamond.
- On April 24, 2013, a 5.3-carat Fancy Deep Blue Diamond sold for $9.6 million at Bonhams in London -- setting a record $1.8 million per-carat price for a Fancy Deep Blue.
- The 45.52-carat Hope Diamond, arguably the most famous diamond in the world, is displayed in the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C.
A vibrant Sky Blue stone of nearly 3.5 carats, the graceful Long Oval Cut Natural Blue Diamond is accentuated by a pair of Fancy Intense Argyle Pinks (.93 carats). Utterly romantic…one of a kind… and a once-in-a-Blue Moon investment opportunity. GIA Certified.